Everyone: I really discourage against making plugins rely on step:
right now - it's an undocumented function that was going to be removed
from jQuery. However, since people are using it now, that means that
its API will have to be adapted to work with the upcoming jQuery 1.2
animation changes.

Namely, step will now be passed a decimal representing a number 0 to 1
(1 means that the animation is complete). So just a big word of
warning, I wouldn't adapt too many accordion plugins to use it yet,
since the change is imminent.

--John