I think postJSON is not necessary couze u will decode that json in server/PHP

for both u have to passa a parameter in a callback function to receive de data

$.post('url.php',{ data: json_obj }, function(data){
 alert(data);
});

if u´re receiving a JSON is better to use $.getJSON

--

[]´s Jean
www.suissa.info

   Ethereal Agency