Even though Ive been using jQuery for a while, I still go to this page all
the time.
http://docs.jquery.com/Selectors
I can't remember all of it by heart. :)

Near the bottom is has one like the one you wanted,  $("p:gt(2)")

So we just change it a little to  $("li:gt(7)") and you got it.

In terms of draggable, you need to do a little more.
There is a plugin by Brandon Aaron called Behavior.  It listens for
DOM changes and reapplies jQuery rules when the change happens.
http://jquery.com/plugins/project/Behavior

Glen