From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Klaus Hartl
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 8:11 AM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Thickbox - why isn't the window centered?

Cees wrote:
> Hmm - browsing through the topic i read this at the top :
>
> On Aug 6, 9:15 pm, "Andy Matthews" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I have a page which contains a long listing of records. When I scroll
>> down to the bottom, and click the thickbox trigger link, thickbox
>> opens the modal window, but it's at the very top of the page, out of
sight.

> So - Andy also noticed my problem of Thickbox flipping to Top of page
> instead of Top of Window - so there must be something in it - problem
> is i have to dig into the CSS expression - not quite my cup of tea.

Thickbox 3 is based on some modifications I did, so maybe I can help.

I'd like to know if the bug occurs in IE 7 or IE 6? The expression is used
to emulate fixed positioning in IE 6, IE 7 supports fixed positioning.

The problem is that if IE 7 runs in Quirks mode the star selector hack will
be applied as well, so maybe IE 7 incorrectly applies the expression in
addition to its already correct fixed positioning.

You can check if IE 7 runs in Quirks mode by typing the following into the
address bar and hit enter:

alert(document.compatMode);

If it alerts "CSS1Compat" it is Standards mode, if "BackCompat", it's Quirks
mode.

--Klaus