Hi!

I've been using this one:

http://www.pengoworks.com/workshop/jquery/autocomplete.htm

I like it.  It's simple and straightforward and doesn't have a lot of
overhead.

But of course, I ended up adding features :-)  Here's a list of changes I
made, in case someone's interested:

Updates to jquery.autocomplete.js

- You can have a question mark in your Url (will use a & instead, in that
case).
- If there are more results than the number to be displayed, an ellipsis is
shown.
- Added the option displayField.  Whatever you specify for this option will
be the field that is displayed in the search results.  The default is "id".
- Added the option valueField.  Specify a string to use as the attribute to
use for the value of the field.  The default is "id".
- Added the option formFieldForValue.  Specify a string that matches the
field you want to use to store the value of the selected item.  For example,
"#MyHiddenField".
- Took out the caching for now, because it was causing problems and I don't
currently think it's a good idea.
- Added the option onUnknownValueEntered, which is an event called when the
user enters a value that isn't found.  The value entered is passed as a
parameter to the function you specify.

Bugfixes:
- Fixed a bug in moveSelect(step) that allowed an empty list (lis) to be
indexed into, even when the .length was 0.
- Fixed a bug which caused raw Html to be inserted into the autocompleted
field when tabbing when nothing was selected.
- In selectItem(li), I added a line that converts all of the Html entities
(e.g. &) to their textual counterparts (e.g. &).

Here's the file:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p12094064/jquery.autocomplete.js
jquery.autocomplete.js , for those who would like to use it :-)

Keep creating!!
Sean