Dan G. Switzer, II wrote:
yes, sorry, it works if you include the for="" bit.. if you leave it out
(and write it like this, which is also 100% valid), clicking on the
label won't work in ie6.. not sure about ie7.. in firefox it works:

<label>
  Name
  <input type="checkbox" name="option" id="option" value="value" />
</label>

That's why I just always specify the "for". I think I've run into issues
with browsers other than IE6 when it's not specified either.

-Dan

IE does not support implicit labels. You need to use explicit labels, e.g. use the for attribut.

More on implicit and explicit:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#h-17.9.1

--Klaus