On Aug 10, 2007, at 1:50 PM, Bernd Matzner wrote:

Is there to be a PDF version of this?

Yeah, too bad there's not an ebook available (yet?). Hope it's as good
the the Learning jQuery book ;-), which, btw, was just reviewed at
http://blogs.pathf.com/agileajax/2007/08/book-review-lea.html and
featured at http://ajaxian.com/archives/review-of-learning-jquery

Bernd

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for the plug!

I asked the publisher about the status of the PDF version a few days ago. Unfortunately, Packt has decided to (temporarily?) suspend its offering of PDF versions for books published after some date this summer. They're trying to figure out how to deal with the widespread pirating of their books that is taking place on bittorrent/file sharing networks and also trying to determine how much of an impact it is having on sales. Learning jQuery, for example, was available for bitTorrent download within a couple days of its publication date. Packt was already stamping name and address of purchaser in the PDF, but that sort of thing is easy for determined person to remove.

So, anyway, that's as much as I know about the PDF status. It's disappointing to me, because I think the reference guide would be especially suitable for that format. But, the publisher needs to make $$ to continue publishing books and to pay their authors, editors, marketers, etc.

--Karl
Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com
www.learningjquery.com