The hoverintent plugin won't help, because the "hover event" will only
take place after a while when the user hovers the mouse and I can't
have that, I need the event to be fired just when the mouse is over,
so that plugin is out.

And I though you already knew that I'm using animate() method from
interface... I just don't have a clue on how to make this animation
work as I want it. I don't need to stop the animation I just need to
prevent it from running. I mean, all I want is a nice and "correct"
animation, without any loops and no matter how many times I move the
mouse over and out, the last animation must be the one corresponding
the mouse's last movement.

Please someone help me out, I have no Idea to achieve this animation
in a coherent fashion.