Hi Marcus,

It might have to do with the default fx that clueTip uses -- fadeIn -- because of issues with opacity.

Could you try modifying the fx.open and fx.openSpeed options? It would look something like this:

$('whatever').cluetp({fx:
  {open: 'show',
  openSpeed: ''

Also, look at the top of jquery.cluetip.js and let me know what version and date you see at the top.

If that doesn't work, it might have something to do with the clueTip divs being appended to <body>. Someone emailed me earlier about a similar problem with Flash, and I helped him get it to work by changing the line that reads:

        .appendTo('body')

        .appendTo('#wrapperDiv')

...changing "wrapperDiv" to whatever the name of his wrapper DIV was.

If anyone else has run into similar problems while developing plugins or writing any jQuery code with Flash on the page, I'd love to learn from your experiences.

Thanks,

--Karl
Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com