I'm making a reply to my own post because I "figured it out" (several
other posts are running into the same thing).  Hopefully if someone
runs across this it will save a headache.

In my example, it worked in FireFox but not in I:

$(this).find('a.version').click(function(){
                 $('#CYMA_Version').load(this.id + '.asp');

        return false;

});

The key is that you also have to use $.getScript to load ANY scripts
in your load statement:

 $(this).find('a.version').click(function(){
                                $('#CYMA_Version').load(this.id + '.asp',
function() {
                                        $('a.tab').click(function(){

$('#UpdateCenter_Request').load(this.id + '.asp', function()
{

$.getScript("../../js/zebra_table.js");

$.getScript("../../js/thickbox.js", function(){
                                                                alert("Script
loaded and executed.");

Apparently Jquery does not have to be loaded.... Don't ask me why but
it doesn't.  Hope this helps anyone who searches for this later on.