No problem karl.... I like being "quoted" ;-)

But, the jkwick doesn't actually use the technique he needs. Instead it uses
a boolean called "running" to determine if an animation is running or not
and if it is running, then it doesn't trigger another animation until that
has finished. Actually it is just a hack to get around the issue of not
being able to stop animations in the middle.

That said, "Eridius", if all you need is to stop the animation midway, you
have to take a look at the interface Fx plugin. Just the way mootools has
moo.fx as a module, you get interesting FX features with interface plugin's
FX. One such thing is <<surprise, surprise>> a way to easily stop
animations. Take a look here... http://interface.eyecon.ro/docs/animate

Eridius, come on, it is not a "lot of code"... the whole jkwick plugin(which
is packaged for reuse) is just approximately 1K leaving the comments out.

-GTG