The responsiveness is a little better.... but still not great. For some
reason the visual treatment of this menu begs for responsiveness. I'm
certainly looking forward to jQuery 1.2 when hoverIntent can go back on the
shelf as more of a special utility and less of a hack. If someone can come
up with a better (near term) alternative I'd love to see it.

There was a horizontal menu thread from April that had something similar:
<
http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_frm/thread/a94df86e4549bd48/b5a2ebe5df7e1226?lnk=gst&q=horizontal+menu&rnum=3#b5a2ebe5df7e1226

And another jQuery implementation of this rounded box idea:
<http://meta20.net/demos/Smooth_menu_widget_for_jQuery/>

Brian.