From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Stephan Beal
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 4:05 PM
To: jQuery (English)
Subject: [jQuery] Re: focus with DIVs

On Aug 15, 12:46 am, "Mitchell Waite" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there a way to use focus with a div rather than just an input element?

Focus, by definition, applies only to elements which can accept input.
Focus is in fact short for "input focus."

> If there is not how would you handle it so when a container gains or
losses
> focus some visual  effect occurs (like its background becomes gray).

Since focus can only happen on input elements, any such feature would
require significant kludges.

According to selfhtml.de, the following elements can accept onfocus:

<textarea>

Source:
http://de.selfhtml.org/javascript/sprache/eventhandler.htm#onfocus