Hey, all -

I'm trying to create an UNOBTRUSIVE JAVASCRIPT routine to replace links in a navigation menu with button graphics. All good, so far, but I'd like to make the buttons .png files, with an alpha transparency, and the color changeable via javascript. Thus far, I have a canvas that is being populated with my png, the rounded rectangle being drawn behind it in the chosen color, all good.

I'm trying to figure the next step - cross-browser, and automatic. For example, I'd like to make it like so: $("navLinks a").buttonize({"backgroundColor":"red"}), and automatically remove the text and replace with the canvas, fully prettied up. Is this possible?

What I have so far is at: http://tobias.parentleafarm.com/projects/roundButtonTest/

thanks!
-Toby