On Aug 18, 7:19 pm, Stephan Beal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Aug 19, 12:55 am, Pops <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> What was you sending?

> i wasn't sending anything -

hmmmm, ok, but that should keep with GET if you are not passing
parameters.? No?

> Apache can be configured to allow/disallow POST for certain
> extensions. On my provider they have POST to HTML disabled (presumably
> it is enabled for SHTML, and is definitely enabled for PHP).

Right.  Its a moot point now since you were not sending data. :-)  I
thought you were referring to using JSON and I was referring to all
servers (once you get pass URL restrictions) supporting standard
enclosement types or content-types, but not necessarily new specific
content-type headers for passing JSON or XML. I agree not all servers
will expect this yet.

> My assumption was that
> load() would respect the default settings set for ajax(), which i
> subsequently set to use GET, but load() appears to ignore those
> options. Using get() worked around the problem, in any case.

Right.  I am not keen with the automatic logic to use POST if any
parameters are passed.  I can see the possible reasons, but it should
be more flexible without having to abandon .load and customizing an
ajax call/setting.

Thanks

--
HLS