Bernd Matzner-2 wrote:

> two new VPC images for IE6 and IE7 on Win XP SP2 are now available:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=21eabb90-958f-4b64-b5f1-73d0a413c8ef&DisplayLang=en

Bernd,

  Thanks for the above. It's nice to see Microsoft giving out these VPC
images for application compatibility. It's too bad that you have to run IE6,
and IE7 in separate instances though (for your hardware at least... ;) ).
Personally I've been using VMware Server (free) running Windows 2003 under a
*nix environment to test applications/websites in the browsers. Needless to
say, I was psyched to see Safari on Windows as I don't need to worry about
buying a Mac anymore.

  An example of all browsers running can be seen @ ;
https://bricecubed.wikidot.com/local--files/start/WebDevelopersWetDream.png

  I use Trendsoft's MultipleIEs to quickly get multiple versions of IE (5-7)
running;
http://tredosoft.com/Multiple_IE

  As an alternative -- If you don't have the Windows licensing and run Linux
you may be interested in IEs4Linux;
http://www.tatanka.com.br/

  IEs4Linux runs under WINE (Free, Windows *not* required), although IMO
it's not the perfect solution as you'll probably want debugging via the IE
developer toolbar and the Microsoft script debugger -- which I was never
able to get to run properly under IEs4Linux.

~ Brice