I have a second feature request as well.

Would it be possible to support multiple rows in the <thead>?  I have
a table setup with a second row in the <thead>, but this seems to
break the tablesorter when I try to sort anything.  I get the
following error:

o has no properties
Line 395: o.count = s[1];

For this particular implementation, I have no need for sorting on
anything in the second row, I just need it to always stay at the top
just below the first header row.  If I move it out of the <thead> it
becomes are part of the sortable data which is not what I'm after.

BTW, I didn't say so before, but this plugin is AWESOME!  I am using
it in conjunction with the tablesorter.cookie plugin that James wrote
and they are both incredible for our environment.  Thanks to everyone
who has contributed thus far!