From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Kim Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 11:45 AM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Karl, cluetip questions: Select IE6 bug ETA, and
incorporating JTIP?

Hi Karl,

There are two major reasons why I am using JTip:

1. You had posted a fix for the select issue (select
boxes showing up above the tooltip), which directly
affects how I'm using the box so I need this
functionality

2. The built in CSS styles has the little arrow shape
that points to the tooltip, giving it the appearance
of a comment/talking bubble. In the JS, it checks
browser width etc (or something) and calculates which
side to put the box on and where to position this
arrow shape.

I'd really like to switch to cluetip, especially since
there is support for clicking inside the tooltip. I
know you are super busy, but I'm wondering if:

a) you have some sort of ETA on when you plan on
incorporating the IE6 fix (my development needs to
happen pretty much now, so if it will be awhile I will
need to wait to incorporate cluetip)

b) if you plan on incorporating this diamond shape
idea, as opposed to keeping it just as a floating box
with no link to the cursor tip itself. (or, if you
don't, perhaps you have ideas on how I could hackjob
it together from jtip code myself?)

Thanks a bunch :)
-kim

________