From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Rey Bango
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 8:36 PM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Karl, cluetip questions: Select IE6 bug ETA, and
incorporating JTIP?

Mitchell,

I believe what you're seeing is the slide down effect that's an option in clueTip.

If you want to get around that just do something like this:

$('#cfvhelp').cluetip({width: 200, cluetipClass: 'jtip', arrows: true, dropShadow: false, fx: {open:'show', openSpeed: 'fast'}});

This will improve the display performance quite a bit.

@Karl: What I would suggest is that if the "fx" is left out, default to using show() as opposed to fadeIn() and then on line 340, change this line:

$cluetip.hide()[defaults.fx.open](defaults.fx.openSpeed);

$cluetip.hide()[defaults.fx.open](defaults.fx.open != 'show' && (defaults.fx.openSpeed));

so that way if the show is the selected effect, the box instantly appears and no speed method call is necessary.

By doing this, I was able to achieve the same effect as Cody's jTip while still maintaining all of the cool and extensive functionality available in clueTip. The best of both worlds.

Rey...

Mitchell Waite wrote:
Compared the mitch demo to the jTip demo.

http://www.codylindley.com/blogstuff/js/jtip/

Now I am sure j Tip is faster, but faster might not be the right word. Its like this. The very first time I hover over your cluetip I can actually see the divs and such being assembled. jTip doesn't have that flaw, it comes up whole.

And if you move the mouse back and forth over the link you will see the alignment issue with the arrow.

I think everything works nice but the performance bugs me.

Mitch