I'm using Javascript to collect some information about the user's browser
and setup to pass into an AJAX call. The goal is to load up a page, have
this code run and submit  this packet to a page in the background, then
redirect the user.

I've got this code:

 $(document).ready(function(){
    var userInfo = {};
    userInfo['v_cookies'] = navigator.cookieEnabled; // this line appears to
throw an error
    alert(navigator.cookieEnabled); // this line works just fine.
 });

I can alert(navigator.cookieEnabled) just fine, but when I try to assign the
value of navigator.cookieEnabled into this object I get what appears to be a
jQuery error.

Node cannot be inserted at the specified point in the hierarchy"  code: "3
http://localhost/browserdetect/jquery.js
Line 11

Does anyone know what I can do to get around this? Alternately, is there a
better, or more reliable way to check if the browser has cookiesEnabled?

Andy Matthews
Senior ColdFusion Developer

Office:  877.707.5467 x747
Direct:  615.627.9747