Hi Stephan, Yehuda

Mime types are not only describing the content format which get sent,
they describe more, e.g. the application which should get used.

Web servers need this information for act as needed. We at
Zope 3 implemented request factories using the Twisted server
which get used if a relevant Mime type get sent from a client.

This means JSON calls from the JQuery lib to a Zope 3 server
will fail because of the bad JSON mime type set in JQuery.

Is there a way to change the existing text/plain to the
recommended application/json for JSON calls?

Michael,
Probably you can use the json client lib I've implemented
for Zope3 supporting application/json.

svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/jquery.javascript/trunk/src/jquery/javascript/
js

Regards
Roger Ineichen
END OF MESSAGE