Feed schrieb:
What I need is this:

[IMG]http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o71/feed_turbo/Misc/
jquery_validation.gif[/IMG]

I've tried several combinations but I can't achieve what I want. In
theory this code should work, shouldn't it?

 errorPlacement: function(error, element) {
error.appendTo( element.parent("td").next("td").next("td").next("td") );
 }
next() works only on a single tree branch, it can't "hop" to the next table row. The first next("td") in your approach won't find any element, because there is none in that row anymore. You need to traverse to the parent row, to the next row, to the second td. This should do the trick:

errorPlacement: function(error, element) {
        error.appendTo( element.parent().parent().next().find(">td:last") );
}

Let me know if you need any other help with the plugin. And if the above actually works I'll add an example to the docs, let me know what you find :-)

-- Jörn