I suspect it's because you are using max-width and max-height to compress
your images into the available space. When the width of an oversize image is
computed the values are coming out to 3 or more decimal places, and
depending on how the rounding/truncation works out, the returned width value
that you are using for the paragraph may not exactly match the displayed
pixel width of the image. For example, if the computed image size is x.9733
you may be receiving x+1 (rounded) as the width but the image width is being
displayed (truncated) as x.
Note that this is all supposition/guesswork on my part!

A way around it might be to try wrapping your anchor/image and subsequent
paragraph in a div, and let the paragraph find its own width within that
div, which should autosize to its content (ie. the image). You should not
need to retrieve the image width at all.

I don't know whether this is helpful or not!

Unfortunately I haven't fixed the problem, it's still showing with me when
using Firefox 2.0.0.6, and it's really irritating because nothing seems to
fix it :(   Glad you like the design though :D

If anyone has any ideas please let us know.

b0bd0gz