I only recently learned that delete was even a Javascript keyword when
my editor highlighted it ;-)

I'm sure there are cases when you can use it, although I can't think
of anything where it is completely necessary. Maybe someone who knows
more about the intricacies of Javascript can tell us whether we save
memory or whatnot from using it.

--
Ted