Hi. What is the voodoo to build an array for a JSON submit from a
bunch of form fields?

Okay, I'm building the form dynamically from the fields in a mysql DB,
with input/@id set to the field name.

The following naive approach doesn't work, but will give you an idea
of how I'm grabbing what I want to do. It definitely doesn't like the
$.merge( parms, {this.id : this.value }) The error is "missing : after
property id"...

  $("form#additem").submit(function(){
        var parms = { cmd:"ADD" };
                $("form#additem//[EMAIL PROTECTED]").each(function(){
                        parms = $.merge( parms, {this.id : this.value } );
                });
                $.getJSON("thiscode.php",parms,function(data){});
    return false;
  });

So, basically I am fishing for the best way to build or add to an
array from an arbitrary form and send into getJSON.

Thanks,
bill