enchen wrote:

> It looks like it could be done, but I can't seem to get the page reloaded
> this way, which means all my server-side verifications are left unnoticed.
> As this is rather new to me I think I need the info fed with a teaspoon in
> order to get it working. So the questions are a) can an AJAX call reload
> the page in order to reflect changes in my PHP script and b) how do I use
> the AJAX "url: " to submit a form including all fields ?

a) An ajax call has a response from the page it calls, and you can then do
what you need with that response (replace some html on the page, or append
it).
b) If you want to submit the entire form I reccomend taking a look at
malsups   http://www.malsup.com/jquery/form/ Form Plugin

In addition, if you are already comfortable using $.post, you can try out
what Mike has suggested

malsup wrote:

> $.blockUI(priceElement, { width: '300px' });
> $.post("#spRequest", $.unblockUI);

The second parameter of the $.post is the callback, which basically means
"when the post is done, run this function".