That sounds like it should work, but it isn't doing anything. I think
there must be something wrong with my fundamental understanding of how
jQuery or the plugins work.

Suppose I try this:

$('form.client').livequery(function() {
        //alert('new: ' + $(this).parent().attr('id'));
        $(this).unbind('submit');
        $(this).submit(function() { alert('boo'); return false; });
    }, function() { alert('removed'); });

After dragging, I get no alerts on form submission, and the return
false is not working either. Oddly, if I comment out the unbind()
statement, then the functions layer on top of one another, so I get
progressively more and more alerts after every drag operation.

I was able to directly work with the form's onsubmit, which doesn't
layer, so this isn't a problem, but I am using the AJAX form plugin as
well, and that doesn't work very well.

It is worth nothing that the new and remove alerts show up once at the
beginning of a drag and at the end of one, as you would expect.

Unfortunately, I just don't know enough about either plugin to figure
out what is going wrong, and I'm not very familiar with Firebug :-(

I'm grateful for any help you guys can give me.

--
Ted