I don't know the specifics of the easydrag plugin, however, I have seen this
as a common problem in drag-n-drop code/libraries. jQuery UI draggables
(official release coming soon, now in SVN) gives you two options for
handling this case:

1. dragPrevention(string) - You specify a jQuery selector. All matching
child elements will allow normal mouse interaction, not initiating a drag
operation. Ex: dragPrevention: 'a, input, button'

2. handle(string) - Again, a jQuery selector. Dragging can only be initiated
on the matching element(s), allowing normal mouse interaction on the rest of
the element. Ex: handle: 'div.dragHandle'

- Richard