I think you can.. you can get to the document of the iframe, this way:
  var iframe = document.getElementById('myframe');// or $('#myframe')
[0]; the other is just faster.
  var doc = iframe.document || iframe.contentDocument ||
iframe.contentWindow && iframe.contentWindow.document || null;
   if( !doc ) return;
   //and now jquery
   $( selector, doc ).....

If I'm not mistaken, that should do the job, might not work in some
browser but it does in most.