I have a few checkboxes that fire an ajax request, and use blockUI to block
an element during this request.
Problem is, the checkbox gets 'unchecked' whenever blockUI shows up.
Its reproducible with the following code (appears to not just affect element
blocking)

        <input type=checkbox>check me </input>
<script lang="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="jquery-1.1.4.pack.js"
></script>
<script lang="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="jquery.blockUI.js"
></script>
<script>
 $(function(){
        $('input:checkbox').click(function(){ alert('booga'); $.blockUI(); });
 });
</script>

You will see the box get checked, then when the alert goes away, it
magically becomes unchecked.  Any ideas?