I assume your selectors are just for example since $('slidediv') isn't a
valid selector (unless you have an element like <slidediv>...</slidediv>,
which you probably don't have if you're doing HTML).

To delay the second effect, you can use setTimeout, like so (untested):

$('slidediv').slideUp('slow', function() {
    setTimeout(function() {
        $('fadediv').fadeIn('slow');
    }, 750);
});

Where 750 is the number of milliseconds to delay.

--Erik