Sounds a little steep, Glen.

I do, however, think that developers of official plugs should be given a
free

mug and coaster. and don't worry, I wouldn't benefit from this arrangement,

I'm nowhere near able to develop a plug-in.  I have a hard enough time using
them!

Or perhaps a discounted rate for plug-in developers.
Without plug-in develops, jQuery wouldn't be anywhere near where it is today

and I think it would be a good way to reward the developers.

Perhaps something could be setup where a user like myself, could purchase

a mug or t-shirt for a member of the jQuery core team or one of the plug-in

developers, or even someone who just helped a lot.

Nice way to reward people and spread the news about jQuery.

Rick