That was it Joel. Can't believe I didn't think of that. Thank you.

  _____

From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Joel Birch
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 12:12 PM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Hover bug in Firefox?

On 9/6/07, Andy Matthews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've found some unexpected behaviour using hover in Firefox.

and this jQuery code:
$('tr').hover(function(){
    $(this).css('backgroundColor','797979');
},function(){
    $(this).css('backgroundColor','6c6c6c');
});

"Should" result in the TR changing background color on hover, right? It
works just fine in IE. But it doesn't work at all in FF2, just fails
silently. I know I could apply a class on hover, but I shouldnt' have to
right? If this code works in IE, then by all means it should work in FF. Am
I doing something wrong?

I think you need the # before the hex code. Also, if you are using camelCase
(as you are), then you don't need to quote the property names.

Joel Birch.