You may also try SuperFlyDOM, in gamma awaiting a proper demo, but
fully functional.
It accounts for many IE-specific issues, and is very quick.  This may
save you much time on the translation, as SuperFlyDOM creates a DOM
structure from a JSON Array/Object.  The plugin is currently hosted
at:
http://jquery.com/plugins/project/SuperFlyDOM
If you would like a bleeding-edge release with the latest updates,
drop me a line.

Charles
doublerebel.com