Pete wrote:
I have some forms that I perform validation on using the Validation
plugin for jQuery.  My sole purpose for this, is that I'd like to
reduce spam (and my company gets quite a bit).

I understand the <NOSCRIPT> tag, but is there a way to prevent form
submission if a user does not have Javascript?  I know alert boxes and
things like that are not possible without JavaScript but a simple
bold, red message in NOSCRIPT should do.  I just can't figure it out.

I apologize if this is way off topic.

Some ideas:

* generate the whole form using JavaScript or load it into the page via Ajax

* let the form's action point to some spam bucket url and you'll change the attribute via JavaScript

* disable *all* form controls (not only the submit button because you can still submit the form hitting enter). That way it's hard to submit the form at all, although there might be a way to focus it and hit enter. enable all the fields with javascript...

--Klaus