> Anton - As per your request, the buttons will be assigned a class called
> "disabled" when the carousel is in the first or last element respectively.
> This is applicable to non-circular carousels only.

Great, although that's not what I meant :) However, I solved my issue
using (shortened, for brevity):

        if(jQuery(".jcarousel ul").children().length > 12) {
                jQuery(".jcarousel").before('<button class="jcarousel-
prev">Previous</button>').after('<button class="jcarousel-next">Next</
button>');
        }

But the "disabled" comes very handy too, thanks!

cheers,

/Anton