Hi Anton,

While I think it's a Firefox bug, the most recent version of clueTip lets you work around it:

http://jquery.com/plugins/project/cluetip/

You can use the $.cluetip.setup function to change where the clueTip divs are placed in the DOM. For example:

$.cluetip.setup({
  insertionType: 'prependTo',
  insertionElement: '#container'
});

The most recent version also shows clueTips with a straight .show() by default. If you want a .fadeIn() effect, you can set that option like so:

$('your-selector').cluetip({
  fx: {open: ' fadeIn', openSpeed: 'fast'}
});

Hope that helps.

--Karl
Karl Swedberg