You use following code to create the effect

$(".nav li").hover(
function(){ $(".nav li", this).fadeIn("slow"); }, function() { } );

the this refers to the .nav li that is hovered so you are looking for an .nav
li element inside the .nav li element.
You should look for the ul in that li so you are going to have rewrite it to

$(".nav li").hover(
function(){ $("ul", this).fadeIn("slow"); }, function() { } );

I hope this helps.

-- David

befidled schreef:
This is my first attempt to utilize jQuery so if I ask obvious
questions please bear with me...

I'm working on the following site and trying to get the navigation to
fade in on rollover and fade out on rollout. So far I've got the code
written for the rollover state but it doesn't seem to be working at
all. You can review it at:

http://tolerase.com/test2.php

thanks in advance.

--