Hi, this is useful I've done this before. Just a simple question.
Shouldn´t this be anchor.trigger('click') ?

if (thickbox) {
    anchor.click();
}

In the other hand, IMHO I've always seen this as a possible drawback because
it's using the click event to redirect the page, instead of a real link, so
you can't right click it (or middle click) losing a little of accessibility
in the site.

Just a thought tho,
Cheers!

--