When scrolling, new content is added all the time. But looking at Google Reader
again, I realize
that there is no animation involved at all. I was wrong.

But I still think that this could be done in a slicker way. When adding a lot
of content to a page,
wouldn't it be nice if the new content would be visible immediately (without
having to use the
scrollbar)? Some autoscroll feature. I would like the page to glide into a new
position.

What do you think?

(also, I had some typos in my example. it should be 'it' everywere, not '$it'.)