I responded through email, but it didn't seem to get through.

Perhaps you meant your options to be:

$.ajax({
                type: "POST",
                url: "adddata.php",
                dataType: "html",
                data: name+"="+entry,
                success: function(msg) {
                        $('#'+holder).html(msg);

On 9/12/07, atomicnuke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

    I have a small function outside of the onload method of the rest,
so
    it'll only be loaded for a specific page.

    $('#apost :text').change(function(){
            var entry = $(this).val();
            var name = $(this).attr("id");
            var holder = name+"holder";
            $('#'+name).val('');
            $.ajax({
                    type: "POST",
                    url: "adddata.php",
                    type: "html",
                    data: name+"="+entry,
                    success: function(msg) {
                            $('#'+holder).html(msg);

    The adddata.php file is in the same directory as the page
requesting
    it. I tested the adddata page by itself and it behaves as it
should.
    Also used an alert to make sure the variables are being set
correctly.
    When I enter the data it clears as should, but the response is
never
    inserted. I look in Firebug and the header just says Loading...
Other
    Ajax requests work fine.

--
Ted