I have a very tiny bit of ajax in the slideMenu example.  It's just loading
some text from another file.
I am probably not the best person to give an Ajax demonstration.  It's a
little over my head.
Someone else should make a suggestion for a simple ajax tutorial
(beginners).

My demos are using a few PHP tricks to help me make my own process quicker.
It doesn't affect the jQuery part much.

So downloading isn't that helpful, unfortunately.  I zipped it up anyway, in
case you had PHP.
http://www.commadot.com/jquery/jQuery.rar

Things my humble PHP do:
1. gzip the javascript files
2. standardize an include strategy for me.
3. include google analytics.  (Need to erase this on every page otherwise it
will break)

Glen