Thanks Klaus and Wizzud

I really don't know what the problem is. Here is the latest thing I
tried.

// $
("#app_content_2356318").children('div').children('table').filter(function(index)
{ return false; }) ; // does not works with or without the index as
parameter. Nothing is removed

$
("#app_content_2356318").children('div').children('table').remove() ; //
works! The table is removed.

Really simple but I must be missing something crucial.
Some background: I am using Greasemonkey and Firebug. I am not using
the $(document).ready(function() {      because it does not seem to work
with Greasemonkey.

Pluthos