UI is as modular as Interface. You can select just the modules/plugins you
want. The downloader will even ensure that dependent parts are included.
Version 1.0 does not have effects, so it's not a complete replacement (yet)
for Interface, but they're on the roadmap.

If there are particular effects that you have an interest in working with
1.2, you might suggest them on the jquery-ui list.

- Richard