Yeah, I noticed that too.
Look at the rest of the code for that page.  I see a jillion places they
could reduce the code complexity.  Examples:

document.getElementById('searchbox_demo');
q.style.background = '#ffffff';
q.onfocus = f;
q.onblur = b;

Part of it is pure obfuscation. But a ton of it could be made so much
simpler.

Glen