I think that might cause an issue, instead of

<script type="text/javascript" src="inc/js/jquery-1.2.1.js" />
try
<script type="text/javascript" src="inc/js/jquery-1.2.1.js"></script>

The first one is invalid code as you are not allowed to self close a script
tag and IE seems to perform weird if you have invalid sometimes.