Peter Bengtsson schrieb:
Loading the homepage made my computer feel sluggish. 11 scripts and a total of 74 requests for the homepage!! Not good a good "advert" for jQuery. Together with the post-loaded XML and Flash and stuff I think the site is better served as a BitTorrent :)

but before you should check if there's some bytes to safe:

87 KB CSS ... well the page indeed looks good, but i'm sure there's some optimization possible.

22KB png ... https://img.game.co.uk/css/gameUK/img/bg/tl.png wtf ? is this really only white ? ...

137 KB scripts ... can i ask: "for what?" ? where are all that scripts good for (i hope it's not for tracking puposes ?!)

besides that:
it looks good. plus the site seems to be not too bad when it comes to accessibility.

micha