Hi Brook,

Here's a layout of what we've developed at an enterprise level. Below is the
relivant directory structure...
/jquery
  jquery.properties
  dimensions.js
  jquery-1.1.4.js
  jquery-1.2.1.js
  hoverintent.js
/src
  /component
    component.js
    component.css
    component.html
    /img
      component-image.png

When I was first building the overall architecture I checked out jQuery from
SVN and looked at its build process. We're using the same compression code
and ant task as jQuery. We utilize an ant properties file to determine what
components, plugins and jquery versions to include. Ant then concatenates
this all into one file. We also do the same for css (and compress) and copy
images into a single folder. Our output looks as follows:

/dist
  product.js
  product.src.js
  product.css
  /img
    component-image.jpg
    component2-image.jpg

This has worked really well and on a larger scale (~ 500 developers). Also
the performance has been wonderful and the feedback very enthusiastic.

Cheers,
-js