Hello,

If there is 20 requests, it means you've bind 20 time the event
click ;-)

So I don't think the problem is in this piece of code, but maybe come
from it's location???
Is there any js in the page you load? Don't you load again jquery.js
in the target div?
Is there so much request when you click for the first time?

I had such things that occured when I began whith jQuery, I was
or everything is done several times!

I don't know if this explanation is clear and if that'll solve your
problem, but maybe you should look in that way ?

Best regards.

$(barney)