Michael Geary wrote:
> You're still expecting things to happen in the wrong order. It's *inside the
> callback* that the data becomes available, and this is
> long after isTracked() returns. Try this instead:

Yes, but I want have a function that will return what i get from
istracked.php
to use it like that:

function isTracked(...)
{
 $.get('istracked.php',...);
return value_from_istrackedphp
}
//and then

if (isTracked(...)=='true')
  //thing A
else
   //thing B

---
>     var r;
>
>     function isTracked(personcode, callback) {
>         $.get('trackstudent/istracked.php',{'personcode': personcode},
> callback);
>     }
>
>     $(document).ready(function() {
>
>         isTracked('10591891',function(data) {
>             r=data;
>             alert(r);
>         });
>
>     });
So in that case I dont have to use callback in isTracked.
I can do the same thing in this way:
function isTracked(personcode) {
    $.get('trackstudent/istracked.php',{'personcode': personcode},
function(data) {
             r=data;
             alert(r);

and i still will have alert with proper value, but its not what I
want.
I want to get data from php file and return it from isTracked
function. ( to do something like that: ...
if (isTrackes(..)=='true'))

Thanks
Michael